[pgrouting-users] about use of navteq data

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Fri Jan 21 06:24:12 EST 2011

2011/1/21 Paolo Lubrano <paolo.lubrano at inwind.it>

> Hi all, hi Charles,
>
> actually I'm working on a pgrouting graph built on TeleAtlas Multinet data.
>
> I have problems with Z level, because two streets on different levels are
> considered as parts of crossroad.
>
> To explane better my problem this are the data of my network table:
>

> name                             source      target
> Tangenziale di Napoli    402837    413133
> Via Giustiniano              402837    388759
>

> I built the graph with assign_vertex function, I have read about a new 3d
> version but I didn't found anything, where can I get it?

You read this about PostGIS?
pgRouting doesn't have a special support for 3D (Dijkstra algorithm even
doesn't need geometry information).
If you have two roads crossing each other sharing a node, but they actually
shouldn't be connected, because they have different z-levels, then there
shouldn't be shared node. Then the network topology isn't correct.

If assign_vertex function produced this topology, then it would be good to
think about how to identify such a case and add z-level support to
assign_function. Maybe some extended assign_vertex function could check if
the road segments are in the same z-level.

Because you're using TeleAtlas data, are you sure you have to build a
network topology? Doesn't TeleAtlas already contain such an information? If
you need to run assign_vertex and your data is of good quality, you could
make the "snapping" tolerance parameter very very slow. But this won't help
if in your case both roads share exactly the same node.

Daniel

> Thank you very much!
>
> Paolo

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan