[pgrouting-users] Get the edges in correct order

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Wed Oct 12 11:46:36 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Florian Hackenberger <
f.hackenberger at chello.at> wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 October 2011, Daniel Kastl wrote:
> > Thank you for you offer to look into the problem.
> > On GIS StackExchange someone mentions wrong order due to a JOIN. I
> > haven't seen this post before.
>
> That was me :-). It's definitely not the issue with the flipped edges (I
> read about that), but an unrelated problem.
>
> Can you reproduce it?

Hi Florian,

Sorry, I don't have much time right now to try to reproduce it.
But I think I remember now there is an attribute returned by at least some
wrapper functions that adds another ID column with the order of the edges.
So you could sort by this attribute afterwards.

I think the "Shooting Star Smart" wrapper function has this "id", see:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting-contrib/blob/master/wrapper/routing_core_smart.sql#L465
... and then ORDER BY id:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting-contrib/blob/master/wrapper/routing_core_smart.sql#L766

If you can read the pl/pgsql functions you should be able to see if the
function you use contain this id attribute as well.

Daniel

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de