[pgrouting-users] tsp strange results

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Apr 30 15:58:03 EDT 2012

Hi Gavin,

I'm not sure the TSP is the right solution for this. I think you might
want to be looking for "The Chinese Postman Problem" [1]. Your problem
has the added complexity of needing to visit meters on both sides of the
street. I think Eulerian Cycles [2] that are used for example to do snow
plow planning might be more suited to your needs because you have to
plan at least one pass down each side of the street. That said, neither
of these are available in pgRouting.

I have not tried to use the pgRouting TSP code, although I have used
other solvers. Regardless, I'm unsure of the issues related to pgRouting
TSP.

If this is something that could be funded and you are interested please
contact me off list to discuss.

-Steve W

[1] http://staff.ustc.edu.cn/~xujm/Graph16.pdf
[2]