[pgrouting-users] Which method to use?

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 06:53:15 EST 2012

Many Thanks Steve, much clearer,

The Google Summer of code solutions, do they work ?

I am trying to work out how to use the Driving Distance version, the one
documented at http://www.pgrouting.org/docs/1.x/dd.html

I am confused as to what the distance function should be set up, but the page

http://underdark.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/catchment-areas-with-pgrouting-driving_distance/

Is very helpful which describes this value as

'the only new value is “distance”. That’s the maximum distance/cost you
want to be contained in the result set. “distance” has to be specified in
the same units as the cost attribute (which is specified in the “sql” text
parameter).'

Dave.