[pgrouting-users] address with shapeFile

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Mon Aug 12 22:06:12 PDT 2013

On 13/08/13 03:00, Valeria Muñoz wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> there is a way to get an address from a shapefile to PostGIS /
> PostgreSQL?, for example if I have the shapefile from a X city I can
> get geolocalization for "5 Street # 567"?
>
> RG
> VM
Hi,

This is a mail list for dealing with post gres routing problems, you
need the mail list for dealing with postgis, which is
postgis-users at lists.osgeo.org

Read up on the command shp2pgsql, this command allows you to import a
shp file in to a postgis table.  Once you have load your shp file in to
a database you can apply a sql query to return the information that you
are after.