[pgrouting-users] Using pgrouting on Android

Greg Allensworth gregor at greeninfo.org
Fri Aug 16 11:35:54 PDT 2013

On 8/16/2013 10:52 AM, Hishan Melanga wrote:
> Currently I am working on a simple Android application that shows
> shortest path. How can I use pgrouting with it? Please give me some
> advice. Tutorials welcome.

pgrouting runs on the PostgreSQL and PostGIS database, and I don't know
that those have been ported to Android. ;)

The typical way to use pgrouting for a mobile app, is to write a web
service which uses pgrouting (on the server, which runs a webserver and
PostGIS), and write your mobile app to query that web service.

This does mean that your mobile app needs to connect to the Internet and
to your service, in order to get directions.

--
Greg Allensworth, Web GIS Developer
BS  A+  Network+  Security+  Linux+  Server+
PH: 415-979-0343 x302  FX: 415-979-0371    email: gregor at greeninfo.org
Web: www.GreenInfo.org     www.MapsPortal.org

Subscribe to MapLines, our e-newsletter, at www.GreenInfo.org