[pgrouting-users] [pgrouting-dev] Updated Issues list

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed May 8 22:16:39 PDT 2013

On 5/9/2013 12:53 AM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Stephen Woodbridge
> <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just went through all the tickets:
>>
>> https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues?state=open
>>
>> We now have two tags 1.x and 2.0 and respective milestones. I have cleared
>> the 2.0 tag for all tickets that I have fixed in branch sew-devel-2_0 and I
>> have added 1.x tags to those tickets that I think should get fixed in a 1.x
>> release if we ever do one.
>>
>> I have closed a lot of issue in 2.0.
>>

> just to know, do you have a plan about where to release 2.0?

No, I do not have any specific time for cutting a release. Things on the
todo list are:

1. restructure all the functions signatures

This is fundamentally not hard to do but has a huge ripple effect and
requires:

a. updating all the documentation
b. updating all the test cases
c. creating a legacy.sql file that maps old function names to the new ones

2. we REALLY need help creating good test cases that are small and
simple and test specific features and issues. One of the reasons the
shooting star is so broken is because we don't have any test cases to do
a simple sanity check of the system when changes are made.

3. I need to go back though the list of feature that Daniel I start with
and see where we stand against that list.

4. We are out of funding, so any paid consulting take priority because a
starving developer does not do good work :)

So it seems like we might be getting close but its too late and my sinus
cold is not helping me think very clearly.

Thanks,