[pgrouting-users] driving distance for multiple nodes

Dougherty, Geoff geoffdougherty at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 07:41:19 PDT 2014

Hi, all.

I’m new to postGis/pgRouting, and am trying to find driving distances to all nodes within a certain distance of a set of starting points/nodes.

I have some code  (thanks to http://anitagraser.com/2011/05/13/catchment-areas-with-pgrouting-driving_distance/) that seems to work for a single point:

SELECT seq, id1 AS node, cost
        FROM pgr_drivingDistance(
                'SELECT gid as id, source, target, length::float8 AS cost FROM roads',
                7, 100000, false, false
        );

However, I have a separate table containing a few hundred points (with lat, lon and geom)  for which I need to identify driving distance to other points. Do I need to consider adding some additional join, or perhaps some python code to loop through the other table?