[pgrouting-users] Wierd results using pgr_kdijkstraPath

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Wed Dec 17 18:27:30 PST 2014

Hi Eyad,

It's difficult to give an answer based on your query and problem
description only. I guess, that (still) your network topology is not
correct. It looks like a data problem.

There are 2 things you could do for now:
(1) Show us some image of your "weird de-attached “little” pieces"
(2) Try a simple shortest path query with one start and one end point and
see if it works with pgr_dijkstra function for example.

Daniel

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 7:37 AM, AUS - Eyad <b00038807 at aus.edu> wrote:

>  Hello pgr_Experts,
>

> I’m trying to get all the routes from a source point (i.e. 336) to a group
> of target/destination points (located at different edges/ends of
> linestrings’ network) using the below code:
>

> SELECT seq, id1 as path, id2 as node, id3 as edge, (b.geom) as geom, cost
> FROM pgr_kdijkstraPath(
>
>     'SELECT id, source, target, (st_length(geom) * 0.001) as cost FROM
> schema.network_noded',
>
>     336, (SELECT array_agg(id) FROM schema.l1_pv1), false, false
>
>   ) a, schema.network_noded b
>
> WHERE a.id1=b.id
>

> It’s resulting a weird de-attached “little” pieces of my original
> nodded_network! However, the number of resulted paths is equal to the
> target/destination points. Please advise:
>

> 1)      What potential mistake I may have committed?
>
> 2)      Does it mean that all the calculated travel_cost(s) are wrong (as
> they are reflected/represented by wrong linestrings)?
>

> I'm using QGIS 2.4.0 and pgRouting pg93-binaries-2.4.0
>

> I found similar question on this list of pgRouting users, asked by Antonio
> last October (
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-users/2014-October/001992.html
> ), but obviously the question is not answered yet?
>

> Regards..
>

> Eyad

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de