[osgeo-ph] introductions

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 06:59:25 EDT 2011

Dear everyone,

We have a couple of people subscribed already.  This might a good time
for a few introductions.  I'll start off,

I am Maning Sambale an free and open source user for several years.  I
work in the geomatics unit of a non-profit research institution [0].
Our focus is mostly research on natural resources, watershed
management, conservation and community mapping in many areas of
Mindanao.

At work, we use mostly QGIS, GRASS-GIS and more recently on webmapping
with mapserver, geoserver, openlayers, etc.

As a hobby, I also contribute to the crowdsource mapping project
called openstreetmap [1].

I hope this list can be a venue to share experiences related to free
and open source geospatial technologies in the Philippines.  I also
hope we can do collaborative projects to expand adoption and use of
osgeo applications in the country.

[0] http://www.essc.org.ph
[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org
--