[osgeo-ph] Fwd: [talk-ph] Immediately hiring an OSM/GIS professional for a one-month contract

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 05:09:01 PDT 2015

FYI, job opportunity.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nick Brown <nick at nickbrown.ca>
Date: Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Subject: [talk-ph] Immediately hiring an OSM/GIS professional for a
one-month contract
To: OSM-PH <talk-ph at openstreetmap.org>

Hi OSM-Ph folks!

I am looking to hire someone with GIS and OSM experience for a
full-time one-month contract, starting as soon as possible. Please
share this email with anyone you think might be interested. The
position is primarily a remote position, but you might be asked to
come to Bantayan Island, Cebu for an orientation, to meet the team,
and to see our work.

We will cover any travel costs, food, accommodations on the beach, and
a negotiable salary.

This person will be supporting the disaster response and rebuilding
work of the Philippines-based NGO Young Pioneer Disaster Response
(YPDR). The candidate must be proficient with a GIS platform (ArcGIS
and/or QGIS), OpenStreetMaps and Field Papers. The work will include
mapping housing construction, post-disaster needs assessment data, aid
distributions, logistics planning, and other similar activities.

The candidate must be able to provide their own computer, ideally with
ArcGIS installed already (negotiable - we might be able to get an
additional license or we can work with QGIS).

There is the potential for additional work after the first month,
ether based in Bantayan or remotely.

Young Pioneer Disaster Response (YPDR) is a Philippines-based
non-governmental organization also registered in the United States.
YPDR is accredited with the DSWD and Province of Cebu. YPDR is
currently working in the Camotes Islands, Bantayan Island, and the
Federated States of Micronesia. YPDR has built nearly 1,000 homes
since Typhoon Yolanda. For more info, visit us at
http://www.facebook.com/YPDRYPDR or at http://www.ypdr.org.

To apply, please email me directly at nick.brown at ypdr.org and
nick at nickbrown.ca with a letter of interest describing your related
experience, skills, a sample of past work, expected salary and when
you would be available for a call in the next couple days.

Best,
Nick

PS we also take volunteers who are willing to stay on Bantayan Island
for minimum of one-month. We provide food and accommodations.
Inquiries about volunteering with us for GIS, OSM and Information
Management work are always welcome.

cheers,
maning