[osgeo-ph] Fwd: Third (and Final) Call for Abstracts - ACRS 2015: The 36th Asian Conference on Remote Sensing

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 20:30:44 PDT 2015

FYI, https://www.acrs2015.org/

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ACRS 2015 Philippines <info at acrs2015.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 3:04 PM
Subject: Third (and Final) Call for Abstracts - ACRS 2015: The 36th
Asian Conference on Remote Sensing
To: emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com

[Our sincere apologies if you received multiple copies of this invitation.]

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Good day! This is to formally invite you to ACRS 2015: The 36th Asian
Conference on Remote Sensing to be organized  from 19 to 23 October,
2015 at the Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria in Quezon City, Metro Manila,
Philippines.

As you may know, ACRS is one of the largest remote sensing conference
in Asia. Last year, more than 400 participants attended ACRS2014
organized in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. We welcome your active
participation to ACRS2015.

This year, ACRS 2015 will bring together students, researchers,
scientists, engineers, policy makers, professionals and practitioners
from developed and developing countries from and around Asia to share
insights into the challenges and opportunities of Remote Sensing and
related geospatial technologies in building resiliency and encouraging
economic growth and development in one, dynamic Asia. The conference
takes place at a significant moment when disasters and climate change
continues to negatively impact our people and the community. The
conference, therefore, will provide an outstanding opportunity to
learn and explore how Remote Sensing will help us build resiliency to
these disturbances and to strengthen our capability to adapt to stress
and change.

May I also invite you to submit abstracts for presentation in one of
many technical sessions of ACRS 2015. We welcome submissions on
research and applications of the technologies in the remote sensing
and spatial information fields that you may want to share. You can
find below the various topics and sub­topics and the instructions for
the submission of abstracts.

Lastly, we are pleased to inform you that 2015 is VISIT THE
PHILIPPINES YEAR! Filled with countless things to do, the Philippines
is a melting pot of festivities, culture and adventure. So, we invite
you to take time and visit many exciting places in the country’s
7,107+ islands before, during and after ACRS 2015.

We are hoping that you could join us in Quezon City, Metro Manila this
October 2015, have fun and make the conference a success.

Your favorable response and acknowledgement of our invitation is
highly appreciated!

Truly yours,

Prof. Kohei Cho

General Secretary, Asian Association on Remote Sensing (AARS)

Dr. Enrico C. Paringit

Chair, Local Organizing Committee;

Executive Director, Philippine Geosciences and Remote Sensing Society (PhilGRSS)

Third and Final Call for Abstracts

Everyone is invited to submit abstracts of their papers for
presentation during  ACRS 2015. We especially welcome abstracts of
papers covering any of the following topics. In addition to the
suggested topics listed below, we also welcome submissions on research
and applications of the new technologies in the remote sensing and
spatial information fields that you may want to share.

Special Topics

·         Fostering Resiliency with Remote Sensing

·         Remote Sensing for Growth and Development

·         Development in Satellite Programs for Asia

Regular ACRS Topics

·         New Generation Sensors and Applications: satellite remote
sensing system; airborne remote sensing system; UAV/UAS remote sensing
system; hyperspectral sensing; microwave sensors/SAR/InSAR/D-InSAR;
laser sensors/LIDAR; digital camera; other sensors.

·         Remote Sensing Applications: global change; coastal
zone/fisheries; water quality & water resources; agriculture & soil;
vegetation & crops; forest resources; ecology/environment change; land
use/land cover; geology/ geography/geomorphology;
geo-hazards/disasters; mountain environment and mapping; coastal zone
monitoring; atmosphere / oceanography; archaeology; hydrology; urban
change monitoring; high resolution satellite mapping; nighttime remote
sensing; other remote sensing applications.

·         Data Processing: algorithm and modeling; DEM/3D generation;
change detection; feature extraction; automatic/intelligent
classification; hyperspectral/high resolution/SAR data processing;
high resolution data processing; data fusion and data mining.

·         Geographic Information System (GIS): spatial database;
remote sensing & GIS integration; GIS decision support and models;
visualization; GIS application in resource management; web GIS/mobile
mapping.

·         GPS & Photogrammetry: GPS applications; GPS &
photogrammetry; Global Navigational Satellite Systems.

·         Other Related Topics: RS/GIS/GPS integrated applications;
digital photogrammetry; geospatial technology for energy, health,
pollution, etc.; digital earth; space environment/deep space
exploration; capacity building/education/training.

Abstracts (max. 3000 characters including spaces) must be submitted
online through the Abstract Submission system at
http://www.acrs2015.org/abstract-submission/ not later than July 1,
2015. The abstract should be a summary of your paper that states the
problem, the methods used, and the major or preliminary results and
conclusions.

A Technical Program Committee composed of international experts will
be responsible in the review of submitted abstracts and in the
selection of papers for oral and poster presentations. All full papers
submitted and presented during ACRS 2015 will be published in the
conference proceedings.

What to Expect During ACRS 2015

·         Keynote and Plenary Speeches:

                We have invited distinguished scientists and policy
makers from around the globe to share their experiences and knowledge
especially on the conference theme.

·         Technical Paper Presentations

                Several parallel technical and poster sessions will be
conducted during ACRS 2015. Authors will present their research papers
according to the various conference topics.

·         Exhibitions:

                A large exhibition hall will be dedicated to sponsors
and exhibitors for the promotion of technologies, products and other
innovations in the fields of Remote Sensing and other geospatial
technologies.

·         Workshops:

                Different workshops related to the conference theme
and Remote Sensing in general are being planned on during the
conference. Further information will be available on the website at
www.acrs2015.org/workshops.

·         Awards:

                 Just like in previous ACRS conferences, a number of
awards will be given to deserving participants. Details of each award
are available at www.acrs2015.org/awards.

Registration Fee

·         Foreign (International) Participants     US $ 150

·         Local (Philippines) Participants             PhP 5,500

·         PhilGRSS Member’s Rate                       PhP 4,500

To register as a participant, please go to
https://www.acrs2015.org/registration/

Important Dates

·         July 1, 2015: Last day of Abstract Submission

·         August 1, 2015: Notification of Acceptance of Submitted
Abstracts; Start of Full Paper Submissions

·         August 19, 2015: Deadline for Submission of Full Papers and
Application Documents for Shunji Murai Award applicants

·         September 1, 2015: Last day of Full Paper Submissions

·         September 1, 2015: Last day of Author Registration

·         October 1, 2015: Last day of Online Registration

·         October 19-23, 2015: ACRS 2015 Conference Proper

·         October 24-28, 2015: ISPRS Student Consortium and WG VI/5
Summer School

Organizers

ACRS 2015 is jointly organized by the Asian Association on Remote
Sensing (AARS), the Philippine Geosciences and Remote Sensing Society
(PhilGRSS), and the Philippines Department of Science and Technology
(DOST). For more details and other information, please visit the
official conference website at http://www.acrs2015.org/ or send us an
e-mail at acrs2015.ph at gmail.com.

For your reference, you may download the conference brochure and flyer
through the following links:

·         Conference Brochure (click to download)

·         Conference Flyer (click to download)

We would appreciate if you could forward this invitation to your
colleagues and friends.

Your favorable response and acknowledgement of our invitation is
highly appreciated.

Thank you very much and we hope to see you during ACRS 2015 this October!

Regards,

The ACRS 2015 Conference Secretariat

Official Website: http://www.acrs2015.org

Secretariat E-mail: acrs2015.ph at gmail.com