[Portugal] Announcing the Public Release of MapChat

Hugo hfpmartins at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 12:57:08 EST 2009

  Enviado por Hugo através do Google Reader: Announcing the Public
Release of MapChat por Slashgeo por Satri em 18-12-2009
mgleahy writes "We would like to announce the availability of MapChat
version 2, which we have recently made available under the GPL open
source license from the project's website (http://mapchat.ca). MapChat
is an AJAX-based, multi-user Web mapping application that integrates
instant-message style threaded discussions with map data accessible
through an interactive Web-based interface.

Work on the MapChat application has been ongoing over the past four
years, and development of the second version began in early 2008 with
the specific objective of implementing it as a PPGIS tool for a
research case study in New Zealand. With this purpose in mind, MapChat
2 includes an event logging mechanism that allows reconstruction of
interactions and events that are triggered as users work with the tool.
With the initial case study concluded earlier this year, and ongoing
use of Version 1 and now Version 2 of the software by a community in
north central British Columbia, Canada, we feel that the application is
robust enough for broader use. It has significant potential as a PPGIS
or collaborative GIS tool in a variety of contexts, for both research
and practical purposes. While the software remains relatively
experimental, it is suitable for release as source code snapshots.

Specific plans for future development are not yet clear. However, if
anyone is interested in contributing to the project either by
volunteering time (for documentation, tutorials, coding, etc.) or
funding (to cover ongoing hosting/development costs, etc.), please
contact the project maintainers. We look forward to hearing from anyone
interested in collaborating with us."
Read more of this story at Slashgeo.

O que pode fazer a partir daqui:
- Subscreva Slashgeo utilizando o Google Reader
- Comece a utilizar o Google Reader para se manter facilmente
actualizado em relação a todos os seus sites favoritos