[Portugal] Introduction to PostGIS

termal12 termal12 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 10:53:31 EDT 2010

http://linfiniti.com/2010/08/introduction-to-postgis/

Enviado para você por termal12 através do Google Reader: Introduction
to PostGIS via Linfiniti Geo Blog de Tim Sutton em 17/08/10

Horst and I are spending the week up in Johannesburg at the Satellite
Applications Center in Hartebeeshoek. We are doing yet another week
long training course (I hope I’m not working the poor guy too hard ).
This time we are doing:

- Two days QGIS (with a little GRASS)
- One day PostGIS
- Two days geospatial programming with Bash, Python and QGIS

Tomorrow we start with the PostGIS component. Horst and I have been
compiling some course notes for the PostGIS module which we are making
available to the world as per usual. The pdf still has some rendering
issues – we are aware of that. The document tries to walk the reader
through the basics of using SQL and then some basic activities with
PostGIS and working with geometries.

I hope some of you out there find it useful – let us know if you do!
Also if you have any improvements to make, we’d love to hear from you.

Here is a quick pic or two from the course:

Coisas que você pode fazer a partir daqui:
- Inscrever-se no Linfiniti Geo Blog usando o Google Reader
- Começar a usar o Google Reader para se manter facilmente atualizado
sobre todos os seus sites favoritos