[Portugal] Parceria da IUCN red list e o Wikimedia Commons

Jorge de Jesus jmdj at pml.ac.uk
Wed Sep 15 06:17:54 EDT 2010

Boas

No ano passado tive de trabalhar com os shapefiles da IUCN red list da
distribuicao de especies. Tive de fazer intercepcoes de poligonos de
areas protegidas con distribuicoes de especies (para saber o que cada
parque continha).

Na altura o shapefile nao continua o risco de ameaca de cada especie e a
informacao estava numa folha de excel externa, e nem os campos de
identificao da especie tinham os mesmos numeros.

Mesmo assim eh um dataset bastante grande e interessante para fazer
investigacao. Se alguem estive interessado aconselho a dar uma vista de
olhos a:

http://dopa.jrc.ec.europa.eu/

Jorge

n 09/15/2010 10:54 AM, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> A IUCN disponibilizou os dados de distribuição de espécies ameaçadas para
> que sejam feitos mapas que possam ser distribuídos sob uma licença Creative
> Commons By-SA 2.0.
>

> A Wikimedia Commons lança o apelo aqueles que estiverem interessados em
> ajudar na produção dos mesmos. Mais informações
> em:http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:IUCN_red_list
>

> Alexandre Neto
>

> -----------------
>
> International Union for the Conservation of Nature and Natural
> Resources<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Union_for_the_Conservation_of_Nature_and_Natural_Resources>(IUCN)
>
> The *IUCN red list* has agreed to license distribution maps derived from the
> data present on their website with a Creative Commons By-SA 2.0. There are
> currently around 25,000 maps for many species of mammals, amphibians,
> reptiles and corals.
>
> We need help producing the maps, inputting description and source of the
> images (including translations), and uploading them to Commons. You can read
> more on how you can help
> here<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:IUCN_red_list>
> .
> How you can help
>
>    - If you have some sort of GIS software installed on your computer (check
>    list here<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_geographic_information_systems_software>)
>    that can read shapefiles, download the spatial data from spatial
> data<http://www.iucnredlist.org/technical-documents/spatial-data>
>    .
>       - Check if the species you want to draw a map for does not have a
>       distribution map already (check the species category, Category:Animal
>       distribution
> maps<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Animal_distribution_maps>
>       , Category:Flora distribution
> maps<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Flora_distribution_maps>,
>       or Category:IUCN distribution
> maps<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:IUCN_distribution_maps>
>       ).
>       - Use as background a free world map, such as the one found at Natural
>       Earth<http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-cultural-vectors/>
>        (public domain <http://www.naturalearthdata.com/about/>). For
>       specific countries, you can also use the ones
> atCloudMade<http://downloads.cloudmade.com/>
>        (CC-BY-SA-2.0).
>       - Export the map for the species you are interested in PNG or SVG
>       formats.
>       - Upload it to Commons, with the information mentioned above.
>    - Check that the maps in Category:IUCN distribution
> maps<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:IUCN_distribution_maps>
>     have the information above.
>    - Check if the maps are categorized properly.
>    - Check if newer data is available at the IUCN website.
>

> <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:IUCN_red_list>

Plymouth Marine Laboratory

Registered Office:
Prospect Place
The Hoe
Plymouth  PL1 3DH

Website: www.pml.ac.uk
Registered Charity No. 1091222
PML is a company limited by guarantee
registered in England & Wales
company number 4178503

This e-mail, its content and any file attachments are confidential.

If you have received this e-mail in error please do not copy, disclose it to any third party or use the contents or attachments in any way. Please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail or e-mail forinfo at pml.ac.uk and then delete the email without making any copies or using it in any other way.

The content of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Plymouth Marine Laboratory unless specifically stated.

You are reminded that e-mail communications are not secure and may contain viruses. Plymouth Marine Laboratory accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses.