Res: [Portugal] FOSS4G-Barcelona: Open Source Geospatial Software Still Much in Demand

Ricardo Pinho rpinho_eng at yahoo.com.br
Thu Sep 16 16:22:02 EDT 2010

Interessante relato!
Gostei especialmente desta passagem:

"With more than 90% of our U.S. two-year college programs  basing their academic
curriculum on teaching Esri products, why even  bother with FOSS4G? Don't we
struggle enough with just trying to keep  pace with the next iteration of ArcGIS
XX from Esri? Well, if the Open  Source software class offered this summer in
Albuquerque by Central New  Mexico Community College is any indication, the
industry is clamoring  for alternative solutions, and employers are eager to
engage graduates  fluent in BOTH flavors of geospatial software technology."

eheheh, parece que até na sua terra, começam rapidamente a perder terreno.
Pois quando as alternativas forem apresentadas em igualdade de circunstancias,
as pessoas acabam por escolher a melhor!

E é assim que se progride e evolui!