[Portugal] GeoExt Code Sprint – Spring 2012

Hugo Martins hfpmartins gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 18 de Janeiro de 2012 - 17:16:09 EST

  Sent to you by Hugo Martins via Google Reader: GeoExt Code Sprint –
Spring 2012 via OpenGeo by David Dubovsky on 1/18/12
OpenGeo is always eager to help advance open source geospatial software
projects. When Andreas Hocevar told us that the GeoExt community was
planning a code sprint for GeoExt 2.0 we were happy to get involved.
The sprint is still in the planning stages and, unfortunately, not
fully funded. Though many have contributed, we’re hoping others will
join us in sponsoring this event.
GeoEXT and ExtJS 4 GeoExt enables building desktop-like GIS
applications through the web. It is a Javascript framework that
combines the GIS functionality of OpenLayers with the user interface of
the ExtJS library provided by Sencha. GeoExt currently works with ExtJS
3 but that does not utilize the new features in ExtJS 4 (charting,
harmonized API with Sencha Touch for mobile applications, and others).
The upcoming code sprint will target developing GeoExt 2.0 to work with
ExtJS 4 in order to leverage the newest features.

Participants
Representatives from the following companies have confirmed attendance
and sponsorship:

- OpenGeo
- Camptocamp
- terrestris
- Mapgears
These organizations have provided core developers for GeoExt 1.x and
have experience as service providers building applications with ExtJS
4. We’re excited to work with them again as we help develop GeoExt 2.0

Sponsor search
A week-long gathering of eight developers calls for a budget of
$52,000. This covers travel, accommodations and partly the developers
themselves. While much of this cost is being borne by the participating
organizations we have not been able to close the gap.

We are looking for sponsors to help. Sponsors will be named explicitly
and are encouraged to input their priorities for desired functionality
in GeoExt 2.0.

Call for sponsorship
The participating organizations would like to invite all organizations
and users utilizing GeoExt to sponsor the code sprint. Becoming a
sponsor ensures the benefits from the new functions that will be
implemented.

If you have questions or interest in sponsoring the code sprint please
contact us at inquiry at opengeo.org

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to OpenGeo using Google Reader
favorite sites