[Portugal] Natural Earth v2.0.0 Released

Hugo Martins hfpmartins gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 28 de Novembro de 2012 - 06:06:25 PST

  Sent to you by Hugo Martins via Google Reader: Natural Earth v2.0.0
Released via Slashgeo.org by Satri on 11/28/12

Via James I learned that earlier this month was released Natural Earth
v2.0.0. A quick reminder: "Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset
available at 1:10m, 1:50m, and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly
integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a
variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS
software." We mentioned this dataset in the past quite a few times.

 From the 2.0.0 release notes: "The 2.0.0 release focuses on 7 major
areas and is available to download today à la carte at
NaturalEarthData. ZIP combo downloads of all vectors: SHP (279 mb) or
SQLite (222 mb) or QuickStart kit for ArcMap and QGIS (165 mb). [What's
new:]

- Economic geography
- Remastered geometries
- Introduc Gray Earth rasters
- New file name and field name schemas
- Address user submitted bug reports
- Moved to GitHub
- Adopt semantic versioning"

Google Plus One

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Slashgeo.org using Google Reader
favorite sites