[Portugal] Fwd: Invitation to submit your work for FOSS4G 2016 Bonn - Submission deadline 21st March 2016

Artur Gil arturgil gmail.com
Domingo, 6 de Março de 2016 - 14:14:51 PST

----- Mensagem encaminhada -----

Hi All,

On behalf of Geo4All, i would like to invite your participation and
support for the main global FOSS4G conference 2016 which is coming to
Europe (in Bonn) this year. The community behind the Open Source
Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) is the heart of FOSS4G and Geo4All,
without which we would not have the resources to continue on our
mission. The passion and drive that every individual brings to the
community results in collaborative development that greatly exceeds
even our own expectations.

FOSS4G represents the global gathering of the Open Source Geospatial
community with a deep focus on free and open source geospatial
solutions under the auspices of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation
- OSGeo. FOSS4G brings together developers, users, policy- and
decision-makers, business representatives from a broad spectrum of
organizations and professional geo-related fields. It is great to see
how a different group of amazing volunteers coming together each year
to help organise an amazing global event (hosted in different regions
each year) for the benefit of the wider community , to share ideas and
build new collaborations. Now, there are hundreds of locally organised
OSGeo events happening each year ranging from regional  conferences
(North America, Asia, Europe etc) to national ones (from India to
Japan) to small local community events  run by local communities which
clearly shows the global impact of our Foundation  (in just 10 years
time since OSGeo was founded) starting from humble backgrounds [1].

This year’s FOSS4G theme, “Building bridges”
http://2016.foss4g.org/home.html  , will bring together all geospatial
users, developers and supporters, from professionals to absolute
beginners, from business representatives to university teachers, from
non-profit organizations to public institutions representatives.
Furthermore, this year, FOSS4G will build bridges between geo-related
communities. Our traditional FOSS4G topics will be enhanced with four
key streams: Land Information, Disaster Management, Remote Sensing and
Open Data.

Our Call for Submissions will close on 21st of March. You can chose to
share your work and knowledge with the community in a variety of ways:
you can submit a presentation, a scientific paper, a poster, a map or
a workshop. The choice is yours. Submissions can be made at
https://proposals.2016.foss4g.org/

Please note that there is a separate call for submissions of full
papers for peer-review and academic publication in our Academic
Presentation process (see the Academic Track CFP page
http://2016.foss4g.opencts.org/ocs/ ).

Though the members of our community hail from many different
backgrounds, we all seek to eliminate the digital divide and empower
all as full citizens and contribute to building up Open Knowledge for
the benefit of the whole society and for our future generations.
Education and empowerment are key for getting rid of extreme poverty
and help create digital economy opportunities also for billions of our
economically poor brothers and sisters across our planet. Access to
quality education opportunities is everyone's birthright [2].

So let us all work together to enable open principles in education to
help create a world that is more accessible, equitable and full of
innovation and opportunities for everyone.

Please support the LOC and join our community. We are looking forward
to welcoming you.

http://2016.foss4g.org/about-foss4g.html#promotionvideo

Best wishes,

Suchith Anand