[Portugal] Fwd: Please share Open Principles in Education ideas and philosophy at all Geo events (Geography Awareness Week, OSM Geo week , GIS day etc )

Mário Rui Gomes mario.gomes tecnico.ulisboa.pt
Domingo, 23 de Outubro de 2016 - 11:05:50 PDT

Dr Anand

I'm organizing, within the framework of our Association (www.apdsi.pt), a
conference in Lisbon on Tuesday December 6 on GIS and Local Administration.

We are expecting  a maximum of 100 people.
In this context APDSI put at your disposal.

Skype: mario.rui.gomes2
Greetings and see you soon.
Pof. Mário Rui Gomes.

Em 23/10/2016 14:26, "Artur Gil" <arturgil  gmail.com> escreveu:

> ----- Mensagem encaminhada -----
> De: Suchith Anand
>
> Dear colleague,
>
> May i request all who are taking part in various Geo events (Geography
Awareness Week, OSM Geo Week, GIS day etc ) to also make use of the
opportunity to promote Open Principles in GeoEducation by sharing
information on GeoForAll and welcoming those interested to be part of this.
Please give away OSGeo Live DVDs  and share GeoForAll ideas  at these
events.

> Open principles in geoeducation (open educational resources, free and
open software, open data, open standards etc) are key for  true empowerment
of staff and students globally and making geospatial education and
opportunities accessible to all [1] . We look forward to working and
building collaborations with all interested in this education mission.
Access to quality education and opportunities is key for getting rid of
extreme poverty and enabling broadly shared prosperity for all.

> Our ideas are summarized at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmGoC6iFds4
>
> Millions of globally connected minds working together on the common
mission of enabling Open Education opportunities for everyone will be key
for making these developments possible. An idea whose time has come is the
most powerful force in the universe, and the time for "Access to quality
education opportunities for everyone" has arrived.

http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2016/09/open-principles-in-education-building-bridges-empowering-communities/