[Portugal] Open source Earth Observation Data Challenge 2019

Artur Gil arturgil gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 5 de Abril de 2019 - 16:44:55 PDT

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: Suchith Anand

Dear all,

I want to congratulate FOSS4G 2019 Team for organising the Open source
Earth Observation Data Challenge 2019. Please note the key dates and
participate.

   - 3 April : Launch of the call for proposals
   - 10 April : Close of the call and start of the selection process
   - 20 April : Start of in-lab development and mentoring
   - 1 July : Setup in cloud environment
   - 28 August : Winners announced in FOSS4G 2019 Ceremony

More details at
https://2019.foss4g.org/schedule/open-source-eo-data-challenge/

I request all interested to submit innovative solutions for Agriculture for
the  FOSS4G EO Challenge. Currently, nearly 800 million people struggle
with debilitating hunger and malnutrition and can be found in every corner
of the globe. That's one in every nine people, with the majority being
women and children. Agriculture must respond to an increasing urban
population and changing climate conditions. Optimising local food
production to wisely support our nutrition needs is an area where creative
solutions are essential to our future. Open Earth observations and open
geospatial tools are key in helping us find solutions for Zero Hunger aim.

I thank the FOSS4G 2019 Team for organising this excellent challenge.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr Suchith Anand
http://www.godan.info