[postgis-devel] Postgres 7.3

Mark Sutton mes at lazo.ca
Wed Oct 30 19:22:21 PST 2002

Hi,
	Has anyone managed to run postgis on 7.3. I loaded it on 7.3b1
a while back and it dies on:

CREATE OPERATOR && (
   LEFTARG = GEOMETRY, RIGHTARG = GEOMETRY, PROCEDURE = geometry_overlap,
   COMMUTATOR = '&&',
   RESTRICT = postgis_gist_sel, JOIN = positionjoinsel
);

saying:

psql:postgis.sql:955: ERROR:  OperatorDef: function
postgis_gist_sel(internal, oid, internal, integer) does not exist

Looking at postgis_gist_sel(), it looks like the line declaring
Oid is commented out, I'm not a programmer, but isn't this a bad
thing? removing the comments does not fix the problem. This is the
same with 7.3b3+ (CVS today). Getting rid of the '&&' operator, leaves
the rest functioning, though this might be why I couldn't
build indexes. pg_dump is also broken at:

pg_dump: reading user-defined operator classes
pg_dump: could not find namespace with OID
                                           ^
the oid comes back null in PQgetvalue(res, i, i_opcnamespace)
at pg_dump.c:1806

I haven't built postgres with debugging symbols, so I haven't
tried to understand what's happening in PQgetvalue()
Any suggestions?
Do I assume correctly that I have to restart postgre if I
update libpostgis?

Thanks, mark