[postgis-devel] PG7.4 ordering operator

strk strk at keybit.net
Wed Nov 19 04:31:50 PST 2003

Trying to figure out what the problem was, I've found this probably
wrong COMMUTATOR specifications in postgis_sql_common.sql.in:

        ( CURRENT COMMUTATOR SPEC )    ( PROPOSED UPDATE )
        A ~=  B     ==     B  =  A        [ B ~= A ]
        A  @  B     ==     B  @  A        [ B  ~ A ]
        A  >  B     ==     B  >  A        [ B  < A ]
        A  <  B     ==     B  <  A        [ B  > A ]

I'll check other clause to ensure correctness, but I won't commit
the changes until someone more inside will tell me about them.

See: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/xoper-optimization.html
for more infos about this keyword.

Here is a snippet:
> if you provide them, you must be sure that they are right!
> Incorrect use of an optimization clause can result in server
> process crashes, subtly wrong output, or other Bad Things.
> [...]
> Additional optimization clauses might be added in future versions
> of PostgreSQL. The ones described here are all the ones that
> release 7.4 understands.

--strk;