[postgis-devel] enabler script and postgis library path

strk strk at keybit.net
Thu Nov 20 07:54:56 PST 2003

I remember this has been discussed many times.

I've updated the Makefile with my proposal, which is
using $libdir/.. as postgis library prefix in sql file.

In this way we will not need to change current installation
strategy which rely on postgresql Makefiles, but still we can
use the available $libdir variable.

I know this is not the best policy, but pointing to /usr/src/...
its surely worst.

I'd like postgis libs to be installed in pg_config --pkglibdir instead,
where plpgsql.so and other extensions are.
pg_config --libdir (current installation path) is where postgresql
libraries should be installed, not contrib libs (that's why $libdir
points to somewhere else).

Please share your thoughts.