[postgis-devel] lwgeom beta

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Apr 27 22:00:33 PDT 2004

I have genericized the lwgeom makefile as requested.  It is still a
pile of schmutz, but we do not have a strategy for integration of the
two parts of the distro yet. First step though, some testing of what is
there. The lwgeom as it stands should be easily makeable by people on
this list, and testable. Probably Dave, we need a README in the lwgeom
directory telling people some basic directions for getting lwgeom built
(make), installed (alongside postgis), filled with data, and some
testing instructions (what constitutes a functioning index, other test
suggestions).

On a tangent, should the lex.yy.c file be in CVS, or is it generated?
Things that are generated should not be in CVS, but are often included
in final source distributions (configure scripts are a good example).

      Paul Ramsey
      Refractions Research
      Email: pramsey at refractions.net
      Phone: (250) 885-0632