[postgis-devel] Z() function

David Blasby dblasby at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 10:49:20 PDT 2004

> >This is a bug - are you using a recent version?  I think this was
> >fixed early this year.
> >
> >If its still there, we need to fix it.
> >
> >What type of machine are you running on?

> PostGIS (cvs yesterday), GEOS (cvs yesterday)
> Postgresql 7.4.3
>
> Dell 2650 (Dual Xeon w/ hyperthreading)

Humm -  I thought you might be using a solaris machine.

This looks like some memory is either not being properly initialized
or not being entirely serialized.  This would more likely happen on a
solaris machine because of its different alignment - thats why I asked
what type of machine you were using.

There was a problem exactly like this that was fixed a while ago.

Is anyone else having problems with "select Z('POINT(1 2)'::geometry);"?

dave