[postgis-devel] length{,2d,3d}

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Wed Aug 25 03:56:49 PDT 2004

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the pointers, as you suspected I was still looking at just
the original spec PDF. The case of a 2D -> 3D cast doesn't appear to be
a problem, however it looks like there are some interesting functions to
write around the spatial operators, for example collapsing a 3D geom to
2D, calculating the difference, and then interpolating the result back
into 3D.... does GEOS already do this? :)

Cheers,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.