[postgis-devel] Query causes Postgres to crash

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Fri Dec 10 08:11:36 PST 2004

Collin.. I've also found a crash bug report which might be the cause
of your problem:

I'm sorry didn't search on the web, here are info to find out
yourself:

> Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 15:46:53 -0500
> From: Tom Lane <tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Backend 8.0.0B4 crash on SELECT ...

Contains a patch and has to do with estimators code...
Beta5 is out, maybe you can also test that.

I've made a simple test locally and my explain analyze is also
hung with a much smaller dataset (beta4 here).

--strk;