[postgis-devel] Small Loader Quibble

strk strk at keybit.net
Thu Jul 29 07:16:14 PDT 2004

I've modified error message, it tells you wheter the problem is
with .shp/.shx or .dbf. More accurate error reporting is not easy
as the shapelib open function do provide it as it internally attemps
to open multiple files ( <shapefile>{,.shp,.SHP}, <shapefilep>{,.SHP,.SHX}
and <shapefile>{,.dbf,.DBF} ). Note also that an eventual suffix
provided can also be trimmed off by shapelib, which makes things
more complex. As an additional info we could report strerror(errno),
but still it will not be clear to the user which files are attempted...

--strk;