[postgis-devel] SRID and type constraints

strk strk at keybit.net
Fri Jun 4 06:02:54 PDT 2004

The new fix_geometry_columns() and probe_geometry_columns()
make use of geometry constraints on SRID and TYPE applyed
to spatially enabled tables.

These checks, enforced by AddGeometryColumns are currently
anonimous so they gets a name in the form '$#'.
If the table does not have any anonimous constraint these
will be $1 for srid and $2 for type check, but we cannot
safely rely on this to be the case.

My proposal is to give a meaningful name to the checks, like
'enforce_srid' for srid check and 'enforce_geotype' for type check.
We should also rename all existing checks for this to work,
which might be done automatically by fix_geometry_columns() and
probe_geometry_columns().

Comments ?