[postgis-devel] selectivity estimation broken with PG CVS

strk strk at keybit.net
Tue Jun 8 09:30:02 PDT 2004

Current PG CVS does not allow build of postgis CVS.
It seems the lfirst macro has changed somehoe, or something
else...

Mark, are there news on the selectivity estimation fronts we
should be aware of ? Are there exposed functions useful
to extract meaningful informations from a query by
the selectivity estimator ?

Code for PG74 copied a get_restriction_vars from selfunc.c,
while I copied other functions from selfunc.c of PG75 ...

Now those copies are no more in sync with other PG code,
so I'm trying to see if there's a better and safer interface
for selectivity estimators to work with.

TIA