[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] Error in some reference systems in the table SPATIAL_REF_SYS

strk strk at keybit.net
Mon Jun 14 06:52:31 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 09:23:27AM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> strk wrote:
> >Latest SPATIAL_REF_SYS (1.7) *has* prime meridian specifications (at least
> >for Gauss-Boaga...) while revision 1.5 *did not* have them.
> >
> >Prime meridians have been introduced on 2003-02-03.
> >Should they be removed again to work against proj 4.4.8 ?
>
> Strk,
>
> Does the SPATIAL_REF_SYS definition (in PROJ.4 format) match the one in the
> epsg file distributed with proj 4.4.8?  There were previous releases that
> included the +pm option but that didn't work properly in a couple different
> ways.  In particular, there were issues with the central meridian in the
> translated file in combination with some issue with the +pm flag.  In
> combination the bugs cancelled themselves out in some early versions of
> PROJ.4 with +pm support but to use PROJ.4 you have to ensure you get the
> new PROJ 4.4.8 definition of the coordinate system.
>
> Best regards,

Could not download 4.4.8 yet, but I've verified mismatches with 4.4.5
also. My question is: should PROJ definitions match with proj4 lib
they are used against ? In this case postgis should provide an 'import'
script to be run at build time againsts proj4 distributed data...
On the contrary it should just upgrade spatial_ref_sys to the newset
definition.