[postgis-devel] Re: Rounding off coordinates (from Postgis-users)

strk strk at keybit.net
Tue Jun 29 17:08:05 PDT 2004

Gino, about removing points:
	- You'll never introduce self-intersections
	- You might make LineString collaps to Point
	- You might make Polygon collaps to LineString or Point

Collapses can be handled by either add up to the required amount
of points for the geometry (I'd suggest this - although I'm not
sure about OGC compliance) or modify geometry type (could drive
clients crazy) or set them to NULL (could be needed to localize a
feature).

--strk;