[postgis-devel] loader incompatibility

Markus Schaber markus at schabi.de
Sat Apr 2 00:50:48 PST 2005

Hi, Chris,

Chris Hodgson schrieb:

> the only alternative would be to maintain a
> separate shp2pgsql.9 in the distribution.

You could also patch shp2pgsql to add a -T switch that produces WKT-like
output. This would possibly not go into 1.0.0, I'm afraid, bout could go
into 1.0.1, as well as be separately available for interested people.

> Maybe just something regarding this issue in the release notes and/or
> README or a README.upgrading would be enough to let people know they
> should rename their 0.9 shp2pgsql if they need to keep it.

That's a good idea. Could you post a patch or text snipped that we can
check in?

Markus