[postgis-devel] postgresql source dependency

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Fri Apr 15 02:03:16 PDT 2005

I never understood the pgsql Makefile dependency and I'll be happy
to drop it.

I think the biggest problem is having to rewrite (or copy actually) the
rules for shared lib building (which I think detect
naming and appropriate compiler/linker flags - basically we're
piggybacking the pgsql autoconf...).

PostGIS autoconf support is currently very basic, no automake, no
libtool. I wonder how many problems we might encounter with this
essential setup on mingw/cygwin/OSX/Solaris/whatever...

Requires much testing, I belive could be done for 1.1.0.

--strk;