[postgis-devel] Ebuilds, test and more ...

Jean David TECHER davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 15 10:40:03 PDT 2005

Hi all,

we have made new ebuild for the cvs version (updated every hours) and it's work fine.

You could download and test it on our website 01map.net/gentoo/ (the file to use is this one : http://01map.net/gentoo/portage.01map-15-04-2005.tar.bz2 ). A documentation on how to install our portage will be made this week-end maybe this night ... 8). Please do not use the mapserver ebuild for php support indeed only the python, perl (and ruby at end of this week-end) works fine for now.

The ebuilds and rpm (for arch i386 and i686 only tell us for more arch type) have been done from rc3 to rc6 including the cvs version (please note that the necessary removing of a potentialy old version of postgis will not be removed by this ebuild, so you maybe prefer to unmerge the old version and replace it by the cvs one).

The ebuilds mentionned above are compiled with the following versions/tools :

_ geos-2.1.1

_ proj 4.4.9

_ postgresql 8.0.0 (if you prefer another version of postgresql ... just tell us)

The ebuilds are available at http://01map.net/gentoo and the RPMS are here : http://01map.net/redhat.

If every things is ok (according to sandro) we will make the ebuilds and the RPMS for postgis-1.0.0 (final) next monday if I read well ...

For each versions mentionned before you could read the configuration, compilation and installation process at the following link : 01map.net/gentoo/logs/ . Furthermore you could see the "Gerald and David tests suite" at the ends of the correspondings logs file.

Have FUN!!!

Gerald FENOY and David TECHER

http://01map.net