RES: [postgis-devel] Autoprobing java source files

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Wed Apr 20 05:37:19 PDT 2005

Hi, Gustavo,

Gustavo Henrique Sberze Ribas schrieb:

>  Or, if I may abuse your good will, you could deliver an Ant
> (java version of "make") build.xml. :)

Originally, my jdbc2 code had partially replaced the old jdbc2 Makefile
with an ant script.

However, we wanted to avoid introducing an additional build dependency.
And maintaining both the build.xml and Makefile in parallel would be too
much effort and error-prone.

I'm okay with replacing the jdbc2 Makefile with a full-featured
build.xml, but I do not like to maintain both. So if the majority here
thinks that ant is better for jdbc2, and the refractions people do not
have any objections, I'll create a build.xml.

Maybe a compromise would be to have a minimal Makefile that's just
enough to build the jars, and have a fully featured build.xml that
includes the tests etc. Or vice-versa.

Markus