[postgis-devel] Re: Windows Suite CVS with MinGW

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Apr 26 07:18:47 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:55:55PM +0200, Jean David TECHER wrote:
> Hi again Sandro
>
> I did 3 tests
>

> PGBEINCLUDES=@PGBEINCLUDES at ...............................error
> PGBEINCLUDES=@PGBEINCLUDES@ @PGBEINCLUDES@/port..............error
> PGBEINCLUDES=@PGBEINCLUDES@ @PGBEINCLUDES@/port @PGBEINCLUDES@/port/win32..............Works
>

> It seems that on Windows we need for
>
> PGBEINCLUDES=@PGBEINCLUDES@ @PGBEINCLUDES@/port @PGBEINCLUDES@/port/win32
>

> So I asked to my mind if this files are available on a PostgreSQL Distrib'  installed on a Gnu/Linux
>
> I noticed on my Debian Machine - AMD64-  that they are located in /usr/local/pgsql/include/server
>
> So perhaps we could fix PGBEINCLUDES to this valor by default...that's just an idea...

It is a good idea if we're looking for a workaround of a pgsql bug (IMHO).
Let's first inspect this though... can you report (for the third time ;)
*which* file is attempting to include "pwd.h" ? *which* one is including
the file including it ? and which one is including the one that includes
the one that includes pwd.h ? ... and so forth until you end up
finding one of postgis files (either .h or .c).

Beside this, what about that '[]' thing ?

I'm sorry this discussion takes so long but I'm a blind mantainer as
it comes to w32 support.