[postgis-devel] Re: [HACKERS] GiST memory usage

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Aug 16 04:28:57 PDT 2005

I've done a pass on memory usage in GiST indexing.
It doesn't seem we're really leaking, anyway, in the unlikely
event your tables are full of EMPTY or INFINITE geometries
the change should reduce memory usage.

I'll be interested in hearing from you Martin about box-only
version of the index. Does it still hit memory limits when
DETOASTED values are smaller ?

Teodor Sigaev (GiST developer) reports he's been able
to build rtree indexing on 1e9 records...

--strk;