[postgis-devel] How to build and compil postgis with libjts

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Dec 13 11:05:08 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 07:57:09PM +0100, david techer wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> Perhaps it's a question that has already been posted here, so sorry for my
> lack of knowledge
>
> >From PostGIS CVS or a PosTGIS version < 1.1.0
>
> How do U get/donwload libjts and how do U compil it?

Ehmm.. I don't know actually :)
I use JTS from CVS, I'm not sure they ever released a libjts
equipped package. BTW, libjts still lacks a version so
it will actually require a fix to this before it's ready for
the public.

Also, note that polygonize (and thus BuildArea() and OGC Bd*PolyFromText())
are not available with JTS yet.

If you feel brave get the CVS version, cd to libjts and ./configure.
The configure script should tell you if build is possible.

> Is there someone who has already succeeded in compiling/installing it with
> PostGIS?

Sure, I did !
And often use it to double-check GEOS-related bug reports.