[postgis-devel] README reduction (1.1.0 closeup call)

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Wed Dec 14 09:07:25 PST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 08:45:01AM -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Sorry, no dice.  A pet peave of mine is having to leave my
> commandline for installation instructions when getting new software.
> INSTALLATION and UPGRADING are required, and USAGE is a nice-to-have,
> in terms of giving very basic instructions sufficient to see that the
> software works as advertised.

I don't have to leave commandline for browsing postgis manual,
anyway point taken (respect for low technology).

How about using xsltproc (or lynx -dump) to generate a
postgis-manual.txt ?

--strk;

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.
  X     Keep e-mail messages readable by any computer system.
 / \    Keep it ASCII.