[postgis-devel] JDBC and JDBC2

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Fri Dec 16 02:08:31 PST 2005

Hi, Strk,

strk at refractions.net wrote:
> The jdbc/ dir is gone.
> About renaming jdbc2/ to jdbc/ we'd have some troubles
> with the CVS history in doing so, if nobody comes out
> with a simple way to do it we'll release w/out the
> rename (sounds pretty fair, anyway).

Okay, the good old CVS deficiencies :-(

There are some tricks (that partially deal with fingering in the RCS
files in the Repository), but I don't think it is worth the effort.

So let's stay with jdbc2 and think about moving to SVN, GIT or some
other tool as soon as CVS has bored us enough. :-)

Btw, I just reworked the jdbc2 README passages on this topic, and, "en
passant", fixed a small typo regarding pgjdbc versions.

Markus