[postgis-devel] Installation Paths

alex bodnaru alexbodn at 012.net.il
Tue Dec 20 18:00:03 PST 2005

strk,

all i wanted, is to do thing as automated as possible, intelligently
piggy-backing on pg_config:

docdir from pg_config is sometimes /usr/share/doc, and sometimes
/usr/share/doc/postgresql-doc(-x.y)?.
as i think, postgis would deserve it's own doc dir, especially on
systems with several postgresql installed, i would suggest
/usr/share/doc/postgis(-doc)?.
thus, i just wanted to strip the postgresql.* part of the name, so that
postgis would receive it's separate directory.
postgis(-doc)? should be appended in configure.in or doc/Makefile.

BTW: doc/Makefile is again unconsistent between install-uninstall.

on the other hand, datadir from pg_config is
/usr/share/postgresql(/x.y)?/, and contrib scripts live in a contrib
subdir of that.
current configure.in is appending postgresql/contrib, and the postgresql
subdir is redundant.

alex