[postgis-devel] (no subject)

dblasby at openplans.org dblasby at openplans.org
Fri Feb 25 01:09:06 PST 2005

>    For that
> matter, why does it want 2d collections anyway?  I guess I
> try to find their mailing list and ask them...

The original HWGEOMs didnt have to do anything to force2d or
force_collection() - they were both just setting flags in the

The force2d was there to reduce network transit - only send (x,y)
instead of (x,y,z).  Mapserver's 2d based, so the z dim would be thrown
away anyways.  Why bother sending 50% more data?

The force_collection was there just to reduce the mapserver wkb parser