[postgis-devel] EWKB proposal for OGC

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Wed Jan 5 02:01:11 PST 2005

Hi, Paul,

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 01:45:09 +0900
"Paul Selormey" <paul at toolscenter.org> wrote:

> 2. I wish the presence of the SRID in the geometry WKT is a suffix,
>     since it can be considered optional and should not break existing
>     codes:"POINT(1 2);SRID=4326"

This would be better, but the prepending the SRID is just the way
PostGIS works now, and thus it is sane to propose a variant that is used
by at least one implementation.

> BTW, any plan to define WTK for triangle, rectangle, circle and other
> geometries defined in GML 3.x?

As those geometries are not supported by PostGIS and OpenGIS SFSql spec,
I do not see any urgend pressure to do so. :-)

Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich