[postgis-devel] GEOS XMLTester throws error case

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at co.fulton.ga.us
Wed Jan 5 07:31:34 PST 2005

strk at refractions.net wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:32:43PM -0500, Carl Anderson wrote:
>

>>in Jump 1.1.3rc5 this case works fine
>>
>>using GEOS's XMLTester  i get a side location conflict exception.
>>(output validation is bogus so ignore that)
>>

>With JTS-1.4 testrunner it throws 'side location conflict' as well.
>(which JTS version does your Jump use ?)
>
>--strk;

JTS-1.4.0.jar

yes it does throw the error.  I misread hthe error dialog.   Jump
mishandles the exception and pops up a confusing dialog

           Validation Errors
              Layer: test1
              No Validation Errors

notice that both shapes report as valid.

 From here,  If there is no motivation for improving  the numerical
robustness... (hope there is)

Then I really do want to be able to set arbitrary scales for the
PrecisionManager in the geometryFactory.
difference(g1,g2,scale)
which hopefully will  keep precision levels low enough to avoid this issue.

C.

--
Carl Anderson
GIS Manager Fulton County, Georgia