[postgis-devel] apply_grid

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at co.fulton.ga.us
Thu Jan 6 06:51:42 PST 2005

strk at refractions.net wrote:

>I've added wrappers to apply_grid to allow for the specification
>of cell size(s) only.
>
>Do you think Grid() would be a more appropriate name for this function ?

snaptogrid()  is a better descriptive function.

for these helper functions
 Need to document
     1 -  this is a PostGIS extension to SFSQL  (so users understand
standards vs app specific)
     2  - this function may return a heterogeneous collection of  stuff
and may need to be filtered
                for the desried types.
     3 -  this function does not enforce the assertions on geometries it
creates and the results
                may need to be cleaned.

>--strk;
>

>On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 11:44:47PM +0100, strk at refractions.net wrote:
>

>>I've included apply_grid in postgis CVS.
>>Can be used to reduce geometry precision.
>>Postgis manual contains usage specs.
>>
>>--strk;
>>
>>For standing up against patentability of software,
>>
>>  Thank You, Poland!
>>
>>Read the intervention:    http://kwiki.ffii.org/ConsPolon041221En
>>Send your thanks:         thankyoupoland.info
>>Read/do more:		  http://www.noepatents.org/

Carl Anderson
GIS Manager Fulton County, Georgia
carl.anderson at co.fulton.ga.us