[postgis-devel] tsort warnings

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Mon Jan 10 02:18:56 PST 2005

I tracked down tsort warnings. They are printed as the result
of an attempt to topologically sort object files based on their
dependencies. They actually contain cross-dependencies, so the message
is correct, but I really don't see a reason to sort object files
before putting them in a library archive. This is what is done by
the inherited all-lib rule. Chaning postgis Makefile to only build
the shared lib (the one used by postgresql) seems to me a reasonable
solution (if tsort problems are a 'problem') as we don't really need
liblwgeom.a. Note that a liblwgeom_sa.a will be built for the
StandAlone functionalities.

What do you think ?

--strk;

For standing up against patentability of software,

  Thank You, Poland!

Read the intervention:    http://kwiki.ffii.org/ConsPolon041221En
Send your thanks:         thankyoupoland.info
Read/do more:		  http://www.noepatents.org/