[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] 1.0.0 RC1 Ready For Download

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Fri Jan 14 09:27:30 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 06:04:39PM +0100, TECHER Jean David wrote:
> Great new!!!
>
> I made few test using sh make_dist.sh (cvs  updated to 1.0.0RC1)
>
> On a Debian I only had problem with shp2psql for SQL_SCII data...
>
> I t seems that I couldn't import geometry data only if this are like ascci
> form: Geometryfromtext(....) ans so on

I don't understand, is shp2pgsql messing up or a manual query ?
GeometryFromText() has been changed to accept *strict* OGC WKT.

> not if I tried the binary or hexadecimal form (O don't know ) done by
> shp2Pgsql...

shp2pgsql uses only canonical hexadecimal now.

o-oh... I suspect a big problem here :/
Old dumps produced by shp2pgsql won't be accepted if containing
3d geoms :!! (this thread to postgis-devel please).

--strk;