[postgis-devel] RE: [postgis-users] Problem with PostGIS 1.0.0 RC1

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Jan 25 01:46:21 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 09:22:08AM -0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> [...]

We also have all of GeomFromText() which is currently taking
a 'geometry' instead of 'text'. This allows users to use non-standard
OGC functions, and I think should be changed.

Note that current behaviour makes this possible (as side-effects):
	SELECT GeomFromText('00..FF');
	SELECT GeomFromText('\\000\\001...'::bytea);

.. which I think should be forbidden.

What do you think ?